Friday, September 11, 2009

dirty words

So there's something that has been brought up a few times lately that just irritates me.

Its calling people dirty names. And I don't mean names like b*tch or b*astard. I mean names that are politically incorrect and racist. Like n*gger, sp*c, j*p, w*tback, and even cr*cker. Who thinks these words are ok? Even if you are just kidding. These words are hurtful and uncalled for. I'm sure most of the people using these words don't even know what they mean. Which I think is bull sh*t. If you are going to insult someone, at least know what you're saying to them.


And what is extremely frustrating is when people of your own race say these names but get upset with someone outside their race says them. By you calling your friends those nasty words gives other people the right to call them and you those same words.


Another thing that frustrates me is older people who think its ok to use these words. I don't know if they feel its ok because they grew up using them, or because their parents used them, or because they just think they are better. It baffles me. I've never been taught using these words were ok. My mother would have slapped me across the face if she ever heard me calling someone any of these names. And mind you, I'm not saying its all old people. I have never heard any of my grandparents use any of those words. Wait, that's a lie. I heard my grandmother use one once, and has never said it again and would smack me if she ever heard me using it. But in her defense the man was a total jack *ss.


Ifyou disagree with me, at least know what you're saying. Hell, leave me a little comment and give me your opinion. Maybe I'm just over reacting because its kind of a personal.



N*gger:
The term nigger is now probably the most offensive word in English. Its degree of offensiveness has increased markedly in recent years, although it has been used in a derogatory manner since at least the Revolutionary War. Definitions 1a, 1b, and 2 represent meanings that are deeply disparaging and are used when the speaker deliberately wishes to cause great offense. Definition 1a, however, is sometimes used among African-Americans in a neutral or familiar way. Definition 3 is not normally considered disparaging—as in “The Irish are the niggers of Europe” from Roddy Doyle's The Commitments—but the other uses are considered contemptuous and hostile.
–noun
1. Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive.
a. a black person.
b. a member of any dark-skinned people.
2. Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive. a person of any race or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc.
3. a victim of prejudice similar to that suffered by blacks; a person who is economically, politically, or socially disenfranchised.

W*tback:
noun Disparaging and Offensive.
a Mexican laborer who enters the U.S. illegally, as by wading the Rio Grande.

Sp*c:
noun Slang: Disparaging and Offensive.
a Spanish-American person.



Cr*cker:
Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. a poor white person living in some rural parts of the southeastern U.S.

Sorry if I'm rambling, I just had to get all of this out. ahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment