Saturday, September 26, 2009

I thought the world of them

So I am reading this book called 'Boy Meets Boy' by David Levithan. It is so good, a little strange but good. The back is what really made me want to get it. It describes the book and then at the bottom it says three wonderful sentences.....
"LOVE MEETS LOVE.
CONFUSION MEETS CLARITY.
BOY MEETS BOY."

I am about half way through it and came upon this paragraph.."I find myself thinking back to somthing I saw on the local news about a year ago. A teen football player had dies in a car accident. The cameras showed all his friends after the funeral--these big hulking guys, all in tears, saying, "Iloved him. We all loved him so much." I started crying, too, and I wondered if these guys had told the football player they loved him while he was alive, or wherther it was only with death that this strange word, love, could be used. I vowed then and there that i would never hesitate to speak up to the people I loved. They deserved to know they gave meaning to my life. They deserved to know I thought the world of them."

I feel everyone should life their life by this idea. Don't ever let it be too late to tell someone you love them. Make sure they know. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment